+1

Thanks for starting this discussion Brett.

Not being tied to Maven also presents us with the option to grow beyond
the scope of a Maven repository manager so what we can support other
similar tools if the niche presents itself.

On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 13:04 +1100, Brett Porter wrote:
> Ok, seems there is some interest in putting together a proposal. I'm
> going to follow the same format we used at Continuum last month.
>
> Before we continue to vote on a proposal to send to the board, we need
> to:
>
> 1) Decide on a charter for the project.
>
> "the creation and maintenance of open-source software related to ..."

"The Apache Archiva project is the creation and maintenance of
open-source software relating to the storage, retrieval and management
of build system artifacts."

I think this sums up the scope of the project well enough.

> Any thoughts on this?
>
> 2) Nominate a chair to put in the proposal
>
> I would like to nominate Deng as the chair of the project. I think the
> work she has done in making sure releases happened consistently,
> answering users questions, and following up contributions has
> contributed a lot to the growth of the project recently.

+1

I believe Deng is probably the most involved person across all areas of
the project, as Brett has mentioned. This makes her more than competent
to chair the proposal.

> Are there any other nominations or seconds?
>
> 3) Agree on the initial committers and PMC list
>
> I have the current committers list as:
> Maria Odea Ching ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> Fabrice Bellingard ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> Nicolas de Loof ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> Joakim Erdfelt ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> Arnaud Heritier ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> Dennis Lundberg ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> Jesse McConnell ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> Brett Porter ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> Edwin Punzalan ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> Carlos Sanchez ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> Wendy Smoak ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> John Tolentino ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> Emmanuel Venisse ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
>
> (removed Henri Yandell as he went emeritus already from Maven)
>
> Anyone on that list that doesn't feel they should be a committer? Did
> I miss anyone?

+1