Heh, I can't grasp the nuances between Error handlings and update error handling.

The proxy connector has a few places an exception could occur.
(off the top of my head)

* Request for remote content results in hostname (dns) exception.
* Request for remote content results in auth exception.
* Request for remote content results in connection exception.
* Downloading the remote content fails midstream. (partial download)
* Can't create directory for remote content to download into
* Can't create file for remote content to download into (this is a temp file name, btw)
* Can't rename remote content (temp filename) to actual name.
* The client requesting the content has closed the connection early (no propogation issue here)
* Network proxy error.
* Exception while updating maven-metadata.xml file.
* Failed policy (checksum, and in the future, the pgp check)

- Joakim

Brett Porter wrote:
Hi,

For MRM-159 (should not respond with a 404 if proxying a file results in a remote error), I intend to add two options to the proxy connector: * Error handling: propagate immediately, propagate at end if not successful (default), ignore * Update error handling: propagate always, propagate if artifact not present (default)

Please tell me now if these aren't descriptive enough, firstly :)

For the one that propagates at the end, I'll look into a way to list all the errors that occurred in the response.

WDYT?

Cheers,
Brett

--