Brett Porter wrote:
- I think it can use more tests

Agreed.  Have any special use cases you want fleshed out?

Nah, just coverage for the other classes.

Will do.

- what about passing referenceFile as a final field, since every method uses it?

I started ChecksumFile as a utility class, but that might not be the best decision.
Any opinions if I make ChecksumFile an instantiated class?

ChecksumFile cf = new ChecksumFile(new File("random.jar"));
if( cf.valid() == false ) {
cf.createChecksum( ChecksumAlgorithm.SHA1 );
}

wdyt?

would that be validateChecksum( ChecksumAlgorithm) ?

Yup. that is more appropriate.
Still, do you see any issue with making the class instantiated vs utility?

- Joakim