I have a strange problem where an Archiva instance absolutely refuses to
retrieve one particular artifact from central under any circumstances...
it is /org/apache/maven/maven/2.0.6/maven-2.0.6.pom .   I've verified
that the instance can retrieve other artifacts, in fact maven-2.0.5.pom
retrieves just fine, as well as other randomly selected jars and pom
files.   It's only maven-2.0.6.pom that it fails on.  I also verified
that the file is in fact on maven central.

When I say I'm testing it, I mean that I'm pointing a browser to the
archiva URL designating an artifact that is not yet proxied, for example
http://myarchivahost/archiva/repository/myrepo/org/apache/maven/2.0.6/ma
ven-2.0.6.pom which returns a 404 error message.

Also, I don't know if this is related or not, but the 404 message
displays a munged, invalid URL:
The following resource does not exist:
http://myarchivahost/repository/org/apache/maven/2.0.6/maven-2.0.6.pom
<http://myarchivahost/repository/org/apache/maven/2.0.6/maven-2.0.6.pom>

Notice that the the context string "archiva" doesn't appear in the
displayed URL, and neither does the repository name "myrepo".   But
since this behavior is reproducible with other well-formed URL's for
nonexistent artifacts, this may not be related to my problem at all.

Thanks in advance...