             Computerworld Security
                April 03, 2008

***************SPONSOR**************************************
Real-World SOA: Definition, Implementation and Use of SOA with CentraSite™

This high-level white paper gives you insights into key considerations that can
help you successfully launch an SOA.  Use this guide to understand best
practices that can get your organization off to the right start.

http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/3072554/114916/105692/0/

In this issue:

 * ISO confirms approval of OOXML, gives two months to appeal
 * Apple patches 11 QuickTime bugs in year's third update
 * IBM, Linden plan to give enterprises a Second Life

Computerworld Blogs:

 * Douglas Schweitzer: Do-it-yourself PC IT?
 * Preston Gralla: Feds lie about link between software piracy and terrorism
 * Tech Dispenser: Microsoft's Video Portal to be Launched in April
 * Shark Bait: Newsletter Post

OTHER RESOURCES
_______________

White Paper: A Layered Security Strategy for Preventing Data Leakage, Theft and
Insider Abuse.
http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/3072554/114916/102409/0/

Computerworld Executive Bulletin: Building a Robust Antivirus Defense
http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/3072554/114916/103666/0/

Webcast - Learn About Enhancing Business Mobility with Convertible PCs
http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/3072554/114916/100001/0/

ISO confirms approval of OOXML, gives two months to appeal

ISO announced that its members have approved a draft standard based on
Microsoft's Office Open XML document format, and gave dissenting members two
months to appeal.

http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/3072554/114916/106581/2/

***************SPONSOR**************************************
White Paper: Regulations Shift Focus on Outbound Email Security

Outbound email poses a data loss and leakage risk. Mitigating risk is becoming
important and complex with new information privacy and data protection
regulations for internally and externally exchanged information.   Learn more
in this new white paper.

http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/3072554/114916/106079/0/

Apple patches 11 QuickTime bugs in year's third update

If Apple keeps on its current pace, the company will have patched more than 40
vulnerabilities in its QuickTime software by year's end. This week saw 11 added
to the fix list.

http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/3072554/114916/106582/2/

IBM, Linden plan to give enterprises a Second Life

IBM and Linden Lab are jointly creating Second Life virtual worlds that can
operate behind corporate firewalls.

http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/3072554/114916/106583/2/

***************SPONSOR**************************************
Does collaboration drive business success?  Read the latest findings today!

Collaboration occurs at the intersection of an enterprise’s technology and
culture. Discover how these two critical factors affect the quality of
collaboration in Meetings Around the World: The Impact of Collaboration on
Business Performance. You’ll learn why enterprises need to work collaboratively
- and examine how collaboration impacts business success.

http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/3072554/114916/106584/0/

COMPUTERWORLD BLOGS
___________________

Do-it-yourself PC IT?

Douglas Schweitzer: I read with interest the article "IT heresy revisited: Let
users manage their own PCs," by Tom Sullivan.  I think it's definitely a good
idea to look into having users dictate which PCs they use and how they manage
them...

To view the rest of the post, click the following link.
http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/3072554/114916/106579/2/

Feds lie about link between software piracy and terrorism

Preston Gralla: The U.S. Justice Department seems to believe that if you tell a
big enough lie, people will listen. Here's the latest: Attorney General Michael
Mukasey claims that terrorists sell pirated software as a way to finance their
operations, without presenting a shred of evidence for his case. He's doing it
to push through a controversial piece of legislation that's bad for you...

To view the rest of the post, click the following link.
http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/3072554/114916/106580/2/

Tech Dispenser: Microsoft's Video Portal to be Launched in April

Microsoft is planning to launch its Video Portal in April which is powered by
Silverlight Technology. With this Portal you can share, upload and search high
quality videos ...

http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/3072554/114916/106377/2/

Shark Bait: Newsletter Post

Pilot Fish: At my company, I write the newsletter along with my regular duties
as IT manager. While normally it has health, safety and other articles
(including a monthly IT section on "how it works" or "how to do it") April is
of course the time to go nuts ...

http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/3072554/114916/106376/2/

FEEDBACK
--------
To submit feedback about Computerworld's e-mails, contact our
online customer service group at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Please include your subscriber e-mail address in all
correspondence: archive@mail-archive.com

ADVERTISING
For information on advertising, contact
[EMAIL PROTECTED]