http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5061730/114916/191633/0/

In this issue:

  1. Microsoft confirms serious IIS bug, downplays threat

  2. IIS 6 attack could let hackers snoop on servers

  3. Web attack that poisons Google results gets worse

  4. New Windows netbooks may harbor malware

  5. Douglas Schweitzer: Microsoft patches PowerPoint for Windows but not Macs

  6. Cloud Security: Danger (and Opportunity) Ahead

OTHER RESOURCES
_______________

Bringing Order and Security to your Mobile Workforce
http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5061730/114916/180599/0/

The Tripwire HIPAA Solution: Meeting the Security Standards Set Forth in
Section 164
http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5061730/114916/187181/0/

How to Optimize Your Capture Workflow
http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5061730/114916/187240/0/

_______________

Microsoft confirms serious IIS bug, downplays threat

Microsoft late Monday confirmed that its Internet Information Services (IIS)
Web-server software contains a flaw that could let attackers steal data, but it
downplayed the threat.
http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5061730/114916/191634/0/

IIS 6 attack could let hackers snoop on servers

Security vendors are warning users of Microsoft's Internet Information Services
6 Web-server software that a new online attack could put their data at risk.
http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5061730/114916/191635/0/

Web attack that poisons Google results gets worse

A new attack that peppers Google search results with malicious links is
spreading quickly, the U.S. Computer Emergence Response Team warned on Monday.
http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5061730/114916/191636/0/

***************SPONSOR**************************************

Symantec Protection Suite reduces the cost of securing your environment and
helps you effectively manage the risk inherent in today's IT infrastructures. In
this 60 minute on-demand webcast, you will learn how Symantec Protection Suite
Enterprise Edition offers comprehensive protection all in one easy-to-deploy
suite.

http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5061730/114916/191637/0/

New Windows netbooks may harbor malware

Kaspersky Labs is warning users to scan brand new systems for malware before
connecting them to the Internet after discovering attack code on a
just-out-of-the-box Windows XP netbook.
http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5061730/114916/191638/0/

Douglas Schweitzer: Microsoft patches PowerPoint for Windows but not Macs

When I read Gregg Keizer’s Computerworld piece, “Microsoft puts Mac users at
risk with patch policy, says researcher” it initially left me on the fence. Just
the other day Microsoft released patches for Windows versions of PowerPoint. It
sounded good until we learned that patches for the same defect in PowerPoint
editions for the Mac wouldn’t be out until June.

http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5061730/114916/191639/0/

Cloud Security: Danger (and Opportunity) Ahead

The dramatic change in the rate of adoption and the amount of discussion taking
place regarding cloud computing demands that this technology, or rather a set of
related technologies, continue to evolve utilizing a security-sensitive design.
http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5061730/114916/191640/0/

***************SPONSOR**************************************
The Hidden Dangers of Spam
Beyond the well-understood productivity drain that spam inflicts on businesses,
threats posed by illicit email circulating through a network are causing many
security professionals to rethink protective measures. Learn how to combat spam,
mitigate security risks, and restore productivity to companies grappling with an
influx of illicit email.

http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5061730/114916/191231/0/?3e076d18=YXJjaGl2ZUBtYWlsLWFyY2hpdmUuY29t&x=a4c1ec7e

SHARK BAIT OF THE DAY
_____________________

What the heck!?

I was called to one of our remote sites the other day because the computer had
entered into one of those windows endless reboot cycles. You know the one: it
starts up, shows the windows logo and the loading bar, then quickly blue screens
and reboots to do it all over again ...

http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5061730/114916/191236/0/

SEEKING THE VERY BEST IT LEADERS
________________________________

Now's your chance to nominate a worthy CIO or other top IT executive for a
Premier 100 IT Leader award. Computerworld has launched its annual search for
technology professionals who have demonstrated leadership through the use of IT
and have the strategic vision to align technology with business goals. Nominate
an IT Leader today! Nominations are open through June 1 at

http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5061730/114916/183552/0/
(Send questions to premier...@computerworld.com.)

NEW COMPUTERWORLD JOB BOARD
______________________________

Search multiple listings now and get new job alerts as they are posted.

http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5061730/114916/156832/0/

COMPUTERWORLD ON TWITTER

FEEDBACK
--------
To submit feedback about Computerworld's e-mails, contact our
online customer service group at onl...@computerworld.com.
Please include your subscriber e-mail address in all
correspondence: archive@mail-archive.com

ADVERTISING
-----------
For information on advertising, contact
sean_wegl...@computerworld.com.

PRIVACY POLICY

If the above URL is not enabled as a link, please copy it in to your
browser window to access our Subscription Page.

Did you know Computerworld has 46 other e-mail newsletters that may be
of use to you?  go to the following URL to find out more...
http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5061730/114916/72511/0/

Copyright 2009
Computerworld Inc.
1 Speen Street