           Computerworld Wrap-Up
               July 30, 2009

***************SPONSOR**************************************

Edmunds.com Customer Success Story for Service Automation

In this webinar, learn best practices for developing a data center automation
vendor evaluation and how to lower compliance assurance costs through automated
auditing, testing, and remediation. Also, learn how to develop a methodology to
measure results for a data center automation implementation.

http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5589704/303112/189958/0/

In this issue:

  1. Pirates manage to crack Windows 7 activation
  http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5589704/303112/207945/0/

  2. Verizon gives nod to no-texting bill but governors group opposes it
  http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5589704/303112/207946/0/

  3. FAQ: Data shows overseas shift for U.S. IT jobs
  http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5589704/303112/207947/0/

  4. iPhone developer slams Apple over App Store yank
  http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5589704/303112/207948/0/

  5. Scaled-down e-Census project 'a great success,' bureau says
  http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5589704/303112/207949/0/

  6. Time Warner Cable to join WiMax fray
  http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5589704/303112/207950/0/

  7. Microsoft flip-flops, will give free Windows 7 to some beta testers
  http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5589704/303112/207951/0/

  8. Ballmer surprised by market's reaction to Microsoft-Yahoo
  http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5589704/303112/207953/0/

  9. Opinion: The FCC has a full court: What's next?
  http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5589704/303112/207954/0/

  10. NTT DoCoMo plans LTE launch in late 2010
  http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5589704/303112/207955/0/

  11. Sony, Sharp partner for world's most advanced LCD plant
  http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5589704/303112/207956/0/

  12. Indian government to provide Infosys security
  http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5589704/303112/207957/0/

  13. Preston Gralla: Mac hacker: Macs will become as vulnerable as Windows PCs
  http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5589704/303112/207958/0/

  14. Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols: Canonical to offer Ubuntu desktop support
  http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5589704/303112/207959/0/

OTHER RESOURCES
_______________

How can we get the WAN to perform like a LAN?
http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5589704/303112/205624/0/

2009 Handbook of Application Delivery
http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5589704/303112/205625/0/

Osterman Research: Successful Smartphone support
http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5589704/303112/200889/0/

_______________

***************SPONSOR**************************************

Realtime Publishers The Shortcut Guide to Business Security Measures Using SSL

Developing a security management strategy is important to business success. Read
Chapter 1 of this guide to learn how to set up and deploy a strategy for your
business.

http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5589704/303112/207960/0/

SHARK BAIT OF THE DAY
______________________

Oops!

I was working the turn of the millennia.  Since we all had to be in the computer
room in case of failure, the boss consented to let us have a bit of a party ...

http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5589704/303112/207730/0/

NEW COMPUTERWORLD JOB BOARD
______________________________

Search multiple listings now and get new job alerts as they are posted.

http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5589704/303112/156832/0/

COMPUTERWORLD ON TWITTER
________________________

Are you a Twit?  So are we!  Follow the Computerworld editors at Twitter to hear
what's coming, what's breaking, what's hot, what's not. Plus: Talk back to us
via @computerworld

http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5589704/303112/126780/0/

***************SPONSOR**************************************

ARCA Exchange

Watch how easy it is to restore an Exchange mailbox, message or attachment with
the Zenith ARCA

http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5589704/303112/207961/0/

FEEDBACK
--------
To submit feedback about Computerworld's e-mails, contact our
online customer service group at onl...@computerworld.com.
Please include your subscriber e-mail address in all
correspondence: archive@mail-archive.com

ADVERTISING
-----------
For information on advertising, contact
sean_wegl...@computerworld.com.

PRIVACY POLICY

If the above URL is not enabled as a link, please copy it in to your
browser window to access our Subscription Page.

Did you know Computerworld has 46 other e-mail newsletters that may be
of use to you?  go to the following URL to find out more...
http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5589704/303112/72511/0/

Copyright 2009
Computerworld Inc.
492 Old Connecticut Path