Author:
RBS8_Amitesh_Sharma

Message:
Hi QAS, Thankyou very for the reply.

I have below EJB spec reference from " O'Reilly Enterprise JavaBeans, 3.0 5th
Edition ebook"
<<

When an EJB server needs to conserve resources, it can evict stateful session
beans from memory. When a bean is evicted, its conversational state is
serialized to secondary storage. *When a client invokes a method on the EJB
object, a new stateful session bean instance is instantiated and populated with
the state from the initial bean.*

Since a stateful bean class does not have to be serializable, the exact
mechanism for activating and passivating stateful beans is up to the vendor.

I am using EJB 3.0 Stateful Beans

And as per above spec WAS should return a new instance to the same Client with
prev state(Even if the Client was idle for some time). And the application
should not throw exception/or App state should not get destroyed.

If application state would start getting destroyed.
And there's no way out to even extend the EJB3 (Feature Pack) timeout. I think
there's no use of having EJB3 support on WAS 6.1)

It's looking like a Web Sphere specification implementation mismatch/problem.

Please confirm if my understanding is correct.

To respond to this post, please click the following link:
<http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14592111>