Infopackets Email Newsletter: Wednesday, Jul 06, 2011

Welcome to the next edition of the Infopackets Newsletter, featuring: MS
Windows and technology news, software reviews, tech tips, weekly desktop
games, plus 2 freeware goodies daily -- now that's a mouthful! ;-)

If you enjoy our email newsletter, please forward it to friends and ask
them to join.

> Save up to 80% off on Ashampoo Software!

> Sale Ends Friday, July 8 at 6:00AM EST!

RE: Ashampoo 5-for-$20 Mega Deal

Don't miss out!

Ashampoo Software, Inc. -- makers of fantastic MS Windows programs have slashed
prices off their incredibly useful software -- up to 80% off!

For only $20, you can choose up to 5 top-quality software programs (up to $100
regular value maximum). Choose between:

--> Ashampoo Burning Studio 10
--> Ashampoo WinOptimizer 8
--> Ashampoo Photo Optimizer 4
--> Ashampoo Gadget
--> Ashampoo Undeleter
--> Ashampoo HDD Control 2
--> Ashampoo Magical Defrag 3
--> Ashampoo Snap 4
--> Ashampoo Slideshow Studio HD 2

NOTE: this special offer ends July 8th at 4:00PM EST!

DO NOT WAIT! This offer will NOT be repeated likely for another year or two
(the last time it was offered December 2010).

... Click here for more details:

http://go.infopackets.com/e20110706-00

> In This Issue: At a Glance

>>> Today's Headlines

  --> Microsoft Clarifies Stance on 'Killer Trojan' Removal

  --> Many Google+ Invitations Likely Spam

  --> 'Open Letter' Rips RIM for Half-Baked Products

  --> On this Day in History: for Wednesday, Jul 06, 2011

  --> Windows Game of the Week: Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates

  --> Freeware Picks of the Day: 'NeoRouter Free 1.5.0.2810', and 'Dooble
Web Browser 1.23'

>>> PLUS ... Yesterday's Top Stories

  --> Google: 500k Android Phone Activations Daily

  --> Twitter Hackers Report Obama Dead

>>> At The Very Bottom

  --> Link to: Archive Pages

  --> Link to: Remove / Unsubscribe / Change Newsletter Frequency

> *** NEW *** Driver Detective -- PC Stabilizer, Optimizer

Driver Detective software is designed to quickly locate the most current
hardware specific to your computer system through its ultra-fast driver
scanning and extensive driver database.

Q. Why is updating software drivers so important?

A. In almost 99.99% of all cases, drivers need to be updated regularly to
eliminate previous bugs that cause instability with Windows -- including
lock ups and crashes. Software Drivers for Microsoft Windows are a key
component of PC's Operating System.

Driver Detective: Key Features:

--> NEW! Recommends drivers for custom motherboards
--> Access to 20+ million device associated drivers
--> Improved user interface for faster updating
--> Extensive Knowledge Base
--> Integrated customer support tools
--> Windows 7, Vista, XP Pro, XP Home Compatible

Download / more info:

http://go.infopackets.com/e20110706-01

> Latest Stories Available on Main Page

Our main page is updated daily with the latest stories available. To access
those stories, click the main page link below. Otherwise, use the headlines
and links further down this page.

http://go.infopackets.com/e20110706-02

> Today's Headlines: With Synopsis (plus link to story)

>>> Microsoft Clarifies Stance on 'Killer Trojan' Removal

    Microsoft security experts are having their credentials called into
    question after sending out premature warnings to users urging them to
    protect themselves against a new form of covert malware. The ...

    http://go.infopackets.com/e20110706-03

>>> Many Google+ Invitations Likely Spam

    One of the most sought-after downloads on the Internet is Google+, the
    new social network designed to rival Facebook. Now, online scammers are
    targeting the curious, sending out spam messages under ...

    http://go.infopackets.com/e20110706-04

>>> 'Open Letter' Rips RIM for Half-Baked Products

    A senior Research in Motion (RIM) employee has publically snubbed the
    management of his (or her) own company, recommending that executives to
    "stop shipping incomplete products that aren't ready for ...

    http://go.infopackets.com/e20110706-05

>>> Google: 500k Android Phone Activations Daily (20110705)

    Google says it's currently seeing 500,000 Android phone activations
    every single day, meaning that their devices actually outpace those
    running Apple software. The stat comes from Google's Android ...

    http://go.infopackets.com/e20110706-06

>>> Twitter Hackers Report Obama Dead (20110705)

    Fox News has reported that one of its Twitter accounts was recently
    breached by hackers. The hacked account was then used to post fake
    reports that President Barack Obama had been assassinated in ...

    http://go.infopackets.com/e20110706-07

> On This Day in History: Wednesday, Jul 06, 2011

On this Day in History -- July 06

Famous people born on this day:

 -->  1747, John Paul Jones, "I have not yet begun to fight."

 -->  1946, Sylvestor Stallone, "Yo!"

 -->  1952, Shelly Hack, actress, angel.

 -->  1954, Allyce Beasley, actress.

Events on this day in history:

 -->  1885, First inoculation (for rabies) of a human being, by Louis
Pasteur, who also invented pasteurization to prevent food from spoiling.

 -->  1886, Horlick's of Wisconsin offers first malted milk to the public.

 -->  1928, Preview of first all-talking motion picture took place in NYC.

 -->  1932, First Class postage back up to 3 cents from 2 cents.

 -->  1933, First All-Star baseball game.  American League won 5-2.

 -->  1954, Elvis Presley, makes his first record at age 19.

> Windows Game of the Week: Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates

Robinson Crusoe and his friend Friday are back in their greatest adventure
yet in Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates! After escaping the inhabited
island, Robinson Crusoe sets sail for Brazil. Four weeks later, however, he
and Friday encounter an uncharted land mass in the middle of the ocean.
Take on the undead pirates and find a cure for a mysterious voodoo curse in
this Hidden Object Adventure game! Key Features Gorgeous scenery Fantastic
puzzles Get the Strategy Guide! Play Adventures of Robinson Crusoe
Requirements OS: Windows XP/Vista/7 CPU: 1.0 GHz RAM: 256 MB DirectX: ....

http://go.infopackets.com/e20110706-08

> Freeware Picks of the Day: 'NeoRouter Free 1.5.0.2810', and 'Dooble Web
> Browser 1.23'

NeoRouter Free 1.5.0.2810

NeoRouter is an ideal remote access and VPN (virtual private network)
program. It mobilizes your office network and enables you and your
teammates to work securely from anywhere. Access home computers securely
from anywhere and work remotely with office applications, files, emails and
printers.

Dooble Web Browser 1.23

Dooble is a new Open Source Web browser that focuses on compactness,
security, and stability. Dooble is the only Web browser that encodes a
user's browsing information. This freeware ...

http://go.infopackets.com/e20110706-09