Author:
mamwl1

Message:
Hi,

The hung thread is caused by your application code taking a while to do a
socket read to sybase. That results in the transaction under which the code is
running timing out which gives the message which you attached. A transaction
timeout would probably be sufficient to drive the pause logic if I remember
correctly.

I would advice you establish why your application is taking longer to run than
the transaction timeout which by default is 2 minutes. If you think that the
amount of time taken is reasonable then you need to increase the transaction
timeout.

For the moment you are probably best leaving pausing enabled but you might want
to consider whether you pause straight away or allow a small number of
failures. This can be configured under the check box I mentioned earlier.

As an aside what version of WAS are you on and can you send me the line from
your system out log which has the following message key: WMSG1703I. It
indicates the version of WMQ resource adapter that is in use.

Regards, Matt.

To respond to this post, please click the following link:
<http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14674142>