VCDL's calendar: http://www.vcdl.org/meetings
Abbreviations used in VA-ALERT: http://www.vcdl.org/help/abbr.html
VA-ALERT archives:  http://www.listbox.com/member/archive/727/=now

There are FOUR events this week!  Come out to whichever ones you can attend:

ANNANDALE - Tuesday

VCDL will have a membership meeting in Annandale on TUESDAY, July 19.

Fellowship begins at 7:30 PM, with the meeting called to order at 8 PM and
adjourning at 9:30 PM.

We will be discussing the Dallas and Minnesota shootings, the next push for gun
control, and much more.

As with all membership meetings, this meeting is open to the public, so please
bring along friends and family!

For directions, click here:

http://www.vcdl.org/meetings

Carry is legal in this local government building.

See you there.

—

NEWPORT NEWS - Wednesday

VCDL will have a membership meeting in the Newport News area on Wednesday, July
20.

We will be discussing a variety of subjects currently effecting Virginia gun
owners.

Details:

Date & Time: July 20,  7:30 PM

Location:

Denbigh Community Center
15198 Warwick Blvd.
Newport News, VA 23608

The meeting is open to the public, so be sure to bring friends, family,
neighbors, coworkers, etc.!

—

CHESAPEAKE - Wednesday

A meeting to look at possible restrictions on shooting in parts of Chespeake is
being held at 6 PM on Wednesday, July 20th at:

Chesapeake Sheriff’s Administration Building
Training Room
401 Albemarle Drive (corner of Holt Drive and Albemarle Drive)
Chesapeake, VA

**You MUST SIGN UP TO ATTEND the meeting and need to do so ASAP**:

Call Karen Green with the Chesapeake Police Department at 757-382-6404  or
email her at kgr...@cityofchesapeake.net to sign up to attend .

—

ISLE OF WIGHT - Thursday

On Thursday, July 21, the Isle of Wight Board of Supervisors (BoS) will
consider approving a new public shooting range.  There is resistance to the
range, **so we will need a good turnout** at the BoS meeting to show support,
especially if you live in the area.

Location:

Robert C. Claud Sr Board Room (2nd Floor)
Isle of Wight County Courthouse Complex (in Old Courthouse - carry OK - see
"Important Note," below)
17000 Josiah Parker Circle
Isle of Wight, VA 23397

Time: 6 PM

IMPORTANT NOTE:  While it is called the “Old Courthouse building,” it actually
houses the County’s Executive Branch, including the Board of Supervisor’s
meeting room.  So, carry IS allowed.  Thanks for the prompt and courteous
return call of Lt. James Pope with the Isle of Wight Sheriff’s Department, who
confirmed the status of the building.

If you plan on speaking, there will be a signup sheet in the meeting room.  If
you don’t plan on speaking, please show up anyway and stand with us.

We will be handing out GSL stickers, please pick one up.  Also let me know that
you are there, speaking or not, so I have a good headcount.

Here is some press coverage, including comments from VCDL:

State gun rights group asking for support at Isle of Wight supervisors meeting

http://www.dailypress.com/news/isle-of-wight-county/dp-nws-iw-notebook-0718-20160717-story.html

or

http://tinyurl.com/zdn2jhn

—

GOOD FOR A LAUGH

A reporter from the Smithfield Times sent me this email (I kid you not).  I am
choosing to laugh and not cry.  It will be interesting to see their coverage,
as I’m sensing some bias:

"Mr. Van Cleave,

Why do you think it is necessary for members to attend the meeting armed?  Is
it an attempt to intimidate people?

Thanks!"

VA-ALERT is a project of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
(VCDL). VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization
dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to
Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.

VCDL web page: http://www.vcdl.org [http://www.vcdl.org/]