From: archivesspace_users_group-boun...@lyralists.lyrasis.org
<archivesspace_users_group-boun...@lyralists.lyrasis.org> On Behalf Of Bowers,
Kate A.
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2019 11:01 AM
To: Archivesspace Users Group <archivesspace_users_group@lyralists.lyrasis.org>
Subject: [Archivesspace_Users_Group] What field does an EADID go into for
MARXML ingest?

I tried to ingest a resource from MARC XML. The error message said it needed an
EADID. However, MARC doesn't have a specific field for EADIDs and this page in
the user manual
https://docs.archivesspace.org/Default.htm#ImportMARCXML.htm?Highlight=marc<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.archivesspace.org_Default.htm-23ImportMARCXML.htm-3FHighlight-3Dmarc&d=DwMFAg&c=WO-RGvefibhHBZq3fL85hQ&r=o7OoY1I5SGwJOY4qFC1JgmA4MQwVJOWSxO2IqPX0FiU&m=NbTcTyHruQSkBKzTxIp5P5adihkE-ZJNCKNHn2hG90A&s=t-jQtu0E_UVbYVT7bTSdupv93tteziSMNfFjEoJUzkw&e=>
 does not say anything about how or where to specify an EADID in MARC.

If anyone can provide better documentation or information on MARC XML resource
ingest, please do!

Many thanks!

Kate

Kate Bowers
Collections Services Archivist for Metadata, Systems, and Standards
Harvard University Archives
kate_bow...@harvard.edu<mailto:megan_sniffin-marin...@harvard.edu>
voice: (617) 998-5238
fax: (617) 495-8011