Hey Ron,

Glad to see you reaching out! I’m not sure if others have emailed you regarding
this, so I’ll put in my 2 cents worth.

·         From what I understand, there is no mechanism within ArchivesSpace
that provides a structured “Agents/Related Accessions” type link from one
resource to another, nor one archival object to another.

·         Have you considered using the “Related Materials” note
(<relatedmaterial><https://www.loc.gov/ead/tglib/elements/relatedmaterial.html>)?
 The advantage with this is the note is made specifically for related materials
either within the repository or without and you don’t need a full URL, just the
ArchivesSpace ID if you’re using the PUI, like so: <archref><unittitle
href="/repositories/2/resources/100">Related Collection title</unittitle>. The
problem with this is you have to enter the info by hand, which is error prone
(we’ve scheduled a yearly “data audit” to help us catch errors like these).

·         I don’t know of any institution that has developed a
plugin<https://github.com/archivesspace/awesome-archivesspace>, nor is this on
the roadmap I think. Nevertheless, you can submit a JIRA
ticket<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/jira/software/c/projects/ANW/issues/ANW-1334>
 for this feature (how to do that linked
here<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ADC/pages/19202060/How+to+Request+a+New+Feature>)
 – explaining how you want it to work with as much detail as possible. The
Development Priority Team will then determine if the ArchivesSpace development
team or community can/should prioritize it in future releases. The more
attention a ticket gets (comments, clarifications, etc.) the more likely it is
to be implemented (great YouTube video here about the
process<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlquifRXwmA>).

I hope this is helpful, but if you’d like to talk more about it, feel free to
email me: corey.schm...@uga.edu<mailto:corey.schm...@uga.edu>. To everyone on
the listserv, please feel free to correct any of this info if it’s
incorrect/misleading.

Sincerely,

Corey
Corey Schmidt
Special Collections Libraries | Project Management Librarian/Archivist
300 S Hull St | Athens, GA 30605
corey.schm...@uga.edu<mailto:corey.schm...@uga.edu>