From: archivesspace_users_group-boun...@lyralists.lyrasis.org
<archivesspace_users_group-boun...@lyralists.lyrasis.org> On Behalf Of
Allhiser, Ivan
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2022 9:13 AM
To: archivesspace_users_group@lyralists.lyrasis.org
Subject: [Archivesspace_Users_Group] Still unable to launch
ArchivesSpaceService. Please help

Hello all,

I have yet to hear back or find anything to fix this issue. I am still unable
to start the ArchivesSpaceService.

"Our previous system administrator set up ArchivesSpace 2.8.1 and we received a
ticket that it needed to be re-indexed. None of us were even aware of what this
server did. Before I could access it, the server needed to be rebooted. Once it
came back up, I was unable to start the ArchivesSpaceServe. I am shown this
error whenever I try (even with Powershell)

"Windows could not start the ArchivesSpaceService on Local Computer. For more
information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service,
contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 5."

I've checked the System Event Long and I don't even see any events that show an
attempt to start the service. We've checked the logs and honestly, I'm lost
trying to swim through all this data. I don't see anything standing out that
says there's an error. Has anyone encountered this before and know of a fix?"

Thank you for your time,
Ivan Allhiser
System Administrator
Information Technology Services