-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of ARIE-L
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2008 3:57 PM
To: arie-l@u.washington.edu
Subject: [Possible Spam: 13%] [ARIE-L] Question regarding patron
delivery

Forwarded by the list manager
==============================

Hello,

I have a question that involves the use of the Patron Delivery option in
Ariel, but that touches on a bigger issue.

How have any of you dealt with the issue of students not
utilizing/checking their campus email account? I hesitate to just send
an article on to a student through Patron Delivery b/c unless we have
had some previous contact with them and have a personal email address,
all we have is their campus email and many students do not check this on
a routine basis.  Supposedly they are required to use it, but the
reality is that in many cases they do not.  I feel as if I am
perpetuating the campus-wide problem by not using their campus email
address, but it seems counterproductive for us in the ILL department to
spend our time and energy ordering articles that the students don't then
receive.  I wouldn't mind (too much) being hard-nosed about it, but
again, it seems to be wasting our time.  Our goal is for the student to
receive what is requested in as timely manner as possible, so there is
the customer service aspect as well.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Beth Purtee
Interlibrary Loan Services Librarian
Waggoner Library
Trevecca Nazarene University
615.248.1455
[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>=20

"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."      Romans
12:21