Andrew,

I was the first person in the room when you did the presentation at COMO.
(Greatly enjoyed it, by the way.)

You may already have resolved this issue, but here are a couple of things...

Would this info help? You can:

Create gmail account

Then, in your software pointing to the mail server, use:

host: smtp.gmail.com
Port: 465
Use authentication
Username: your email account
Pass: whatever your pass is
Use secure connection: SSL

Another thought. We've had to use our own SMTP mail server for a while to
email items from Voyager.
Might consider that route. We use IDataExpress' product, Mail Express Pro.

Jeff