Forwarded by the list manager
==============================

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        FW: E-Doc Processing Question: tiff display oddities
Date:   Fri, 21 Nov 2008 11:08:13 -0500
From:   Atkins, David P <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:     Discussion of the Ariel Document Transmission System
<arie-l@u.washington.edu>

Hello all,

We have one PC dishing out some tiff display oddities.  Most pages in a
multipage tiff look fine but, at the end, pages either display at a
rotated 90 degrees from original or original images are obscured by what
looks like huge barcodes.

Below, you'll see and example.

We have the problem w/ both the Microsoft Office Document Imaging
(Office 2003) and ILLiad e-doc processing. Running XP Professional, SP 3.

The PC, of course, is our Ariel in-box for Borrowing processing.  The
final product comes out ok.  It's the display that's problematic.
 Sometimes we don't know what we're looking at.  The problem is
localized to this one PC.  We can look at the same tiff on other
machines w/out the rotation or barcodesque weirdness.

Anyone experience and (hopefully) fix this problem?

Thanks,

David

(see sample at http://staff.washington.edu/markrob/ARIE-L/tif-problem.jpg)

David P. Atkins

Head, Resource Sharing/Document Delivery

John C. Hodges Library                                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The University of Tennessee                                   (865)974-6866

Knoxville, Tennessee  37996                               fax (865)974-2708

--
  * Mark
 ** Interlibrary Loan