This may not be the problem, but I remember hearing once that some Ariel
versions doesn't like certain file resolutions.  If the TIF files are scanned
at 300 dpi or 150 dpi, they should import fine but may not work at other
resolutions or if they were scanned as a mix of resolutions.

Graham Fredrick
Information and Technical Assistant
Walter E. Helmke Library, Room 163
Indiana University - Purdue University Fort Wayne
260-481-6508

>>> "Nada Vaughn" <nvau...@wustl.edu> 3/24/2009 10:06 AM >>>
We have been sending our students to our branch libraries to copy
articles from older bound journals, then returning to our office to scan
the paper documents. Now that the branch libraries all  have scanners,
we want to send them with a flash drive ...scan the documents, return to
our office and import into Ariel. Upon testing this yesterday, it did
not work...neither uploading as a pdf or a tiff.

What are we missing? Is there a setting that needs to be changed/

Thanks

Nada A. Vaughn

Interlibrary Loan Supervisor

Washington University  Olin Library