This message is from California State University San Marcos (CS1).

I have very little information on this issue but I wanted to alert our Ariel
partners that our Ariel Send machine received unauthorized access this morning.
Our campus IT is investigating to evaluate the extent of the access and the
possible types of data accessed.

I believe the only data on this box would have been our partner Ariel libraries
and the IP addresses of Ariel systems on those campuses.
I hope that sending you all this email will allow you to check your own systems
for possible intrusion.  I don't want to cause unnecessary alarm, but I think
you would rather know about these things than not.

Our Ariel send IP address is 144.37.178.34.

We have also taken our system off-line and will reconnect once we are fairly
certain we have taken corrective measures locally.
Once I have more details, I will share those with you if appropriate.

Thank you and sorry for so few details.

Steven R. Espinoza
Lead Information Technology Consultant
Kellogg Library