We have been using Ariel 4.1 (the newest version) on a Windows XP machine
with HP Scanjet 5590 for over a year.  In the last few weeks we've started
having some issues.  In particular, frequently the computer does not
recognize the scanner.  When the computer does recognize the scanner, it
will scan one page and then freezes.  After the first page, if you click
Scan in
Ariel it reinserts the already scanned page rather than scanning a new
document.  If we click More and use the HP scanning interface, we can get it
to scan but that's a tad inconvenient.

Our technology guys keep trying to say it must be something with ARIEL to
which I respond I don't think so.  Hence I come to my Ariel colleagues to
see if anyone else is using this particular scanner and if anyone has any
input on what might be going on with our scanner.

Leslie Starasta
OCLC:  JAN