Seeing as the list has been really dead through the holidays, not sure
there's much chance someone will be able to provide an insight before I
get to find out experimentally, but here goes...

We just got the setup working for sending Ariel through our firewall.
It was surprisingly easy, though the reason it was basically impossible
before is that we had a different firewall, and Ariel was on a
workstation that needed access to all our network resources--now not the
case, as it's a dedicated station.  So we have had Ariel on an external
network--which ended up working best with a dedicated SMTP server.  Now
we can send e-mail through our regular mail server and start thinking of
using that network as a backup.

The question is whether now that we have a NAT set up to pass Ariel, can
we use that for more than one station, or do we have to set one up for
each one?  I realize we probably wouldn't be able to receive if the
external IP points at several internal ones, but then we really don't
receive.

Just wondering if anyone else who has more than one Ariel station has
been able to use the same NAT for them?

Stuart Biggerstaff
Systems Technician
Linda Hall Library of Science Engineering & Technology
5109 Cherry St.
Kansas City, Missouri 64110-2498

Phone:  (816) 926-8748
        (800) 662-1545 x748