Forwarded by the list manager
==============================

Subject: Issues with Ricoh Aficio MP2550 multifunction machine
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 10:39:05 -0600
From: "Estabrook, Alexia" <alexia.estabr...@providence-stjohnhealth.org>

Hello, fellow Arielers,

Until recently we had been using a Ricoh Aficio MP3025 multifunction machine with Ariel 4.1.1 with no problems. We received a new machine - a Ricoh Aficio MP2550 - and we have not had as smooth a ride as with the first machine. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced what we have:

With the scanner settings on Ariel set to use the Ariel dialog box, I go to scan a document, from either the exposure glass or the automatic document feeder. The page scans blank. I change the scanner settings to use the scanner's dialog box, and it works, except the scanned image is not crisp and it's hard to adjust the contrast so that the document is readable.

I have gotten Ariel to work with the scanner settings set to use the Ariel dialog box, but it never works again the next morning. I'm never quite sure what I've done to make it work again, and the same process has never worked twice.

Has anyone had any similar experiences, with either a Ricoh or any other type of scanner, and if so did you successfully solve the problem and how? Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

Alexia D. Estabrook-Isely
Librarian, Information Services
Helen L. DeRoy Medical Library
Providence Hospital