This is getting 'way over my head, Matthew.  Our programmer has answered as
follows:

We're running Ariel on a Windows XP workstation that's using the FTP Patron
Delivery option.  The Windows workstation is FTPing to the Mac Server and
using the Perl script files (from Infotrieve) for patron delivery over the
web.  (The Ariel application software is not running under UNIX.)

Hope that helps you.
--Nancy

On Monday5/17/10 5:06 PM, "Taylor, Matthew"
<matthew.tay...@montgomerycollege.edu> wrote:

> Can it use a MySQL back end database or are is it limited to using Microsoft
> SQL for that part?
>
> Matthew Taylor
> Systems Engineer
> Montgomery College
> Office of Information Technology
> 15400 Calhoun Drive, Suite 310
> Rockville, MD 20855
> 240.567.3100 (Office)
> 240.567.3008 (Fax)
> matthew.tay...@montgomerycollege.edu
> www.montgomerycollege.edu
>

> On May 17, 2010, at 4:49 PM, Smith, Nancy J. wrote:
>
>> We have a MacOS server.  The Ariel web server can be configured for Windows
>> or UNIX.  Infotrieve "advertises" a set of configuration files for each.
>> Their UNIX set, however, is currently "missing."
>>
>> We're VERY grateful to Tim in NZ for helping us out!  Our first tests of
>> Ariel 4 patron delivery have gone well thanks to Tim.
>>
>> --nancy
>>

>> On Monday5/17/10 3:48 PM, "Taylor, Matthew"
>> <matthew.tay...@montgomerycollege.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Ariel can run under UNIX???
>>>
>>> Matthew Taylor
>>> Systems Engineer