But is it... working?

We're behind a firewall, which creates problems to start.  And because of that
and backward-compatibility issues with 4.1.1, we use the Infotrieve Store &
Forward Server which creates two problems: 1) people not using our full address
and items do not arrive, and 2) Infotrieve S&F server downtimes.  (They say
there are no compatibility issues between versions, and technically there
aren't, but that's if people with 3.4 check a certain box in their installation
of Ariel and no one knows that.)

My kingdom for something that works!

As far as I can tell, the only other alternatives are Odyssey, Relais Express
and email.  Not enough people use Odyssey (yet), Relais has growing customer
support concerns much like Ariel, and email creates too many bounces or
undelivered.

For those of you who have Ariel running smoothly, I salute you, but we're not
all in that boat unfortunately.

Best,

Sue Groshong
Library Technician | Library & Information Commons
Seattle Children's
206-987-2098
sue.grosh...@seattlechildrens.org