From: arie-l-boun...@mailman2.u.washington.edu
[mailto:arie-l-boun...@mailman2.u.washington.edu] On Behalf Of Mansheim, Renee
E.
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 11:01 AM
To: arie-l@u.washington.edu
Subject: FW: [ARIE-L] Compatibility with the Fujitsu fi 6240 scanner

Our experience with Ariel 3.4 and Windows 7 and the scanner in question is
problematic.  Ariel wants an older version of TWAIN (version 6-8) than the
scanner uses (version 9).  There is an annoying popup which announces this when
Ariel first touches the scanner.  The sheet feeder setting in the scanner
driver will not stick, and pages have to be scanned singly.

Our next step would be to talk with Fujitsu support, but since we are
considering dropping Ariel this has not been done.

Richard

***********************
Richard J. Harris, Ph.D., M.L.S.
Systems Coordinator
Brickell Medical Sciences Library
Eastern Virginia Medical School
P. O. Box 1980
Norfolk, Virginia 23501

(757) 446-5852
FAX: (757) 446-5134
mailto:harri...@evms.edu

EVMS core values: Excellence, Collegiality, Integrity