Hi Rachel,

Re: the Win 7 question.  It can be done.  I sent a link to Keith Welch's
document below and we used it to install Win 7 using SQL Server 2008 Express.

Here are my notes that go along with the document provided below.
The database will no longer be MSDE. We used MS SQL Express 2008.

These are the notes that I scribbled onto the below document. I dug up my
folder and my hope is that it will give the list something to build upon that
eventually will provide a complete enough set of information/tips to help folks
move Ariel to Win 7.
I confess, it has been awhile since I looked at my notes so "your mileage may
vary".  It's always a plus to have a SQL Server DB admin to lean on.

Step 3. Password is case sensitive so just make sure you use your institutions
password.

Step 4. In Express 2008 SQL Server Surface Area Configuration is called SQL
Server Configuration Manager.
For TCP/IP and named pipes, Open SQL Server Network Configuration.  To set the
port to 1433.  To do this, Open TCP/IP, click IP Addresses, find IP All and set
the port there.

Step 5. re Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express. "In Win 7, it looks
just like the 2008 install.  You must select New Instance and then you will get
the option for version with Advanced Features (Management).

-          Steve