From: arin-tech-discuss <arin-tech-discuss-boun...@arin.net> on behalf of
Martin Arlitt <martin.arl...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2018 9:40 AM
To: arin-tech-discuss@arin.net
Subject: [arin-tech-discuss] How to extract specific information from RDAP

Hi

I would like to extract some specific information about IP address allocations
(e.g., startAddress, endAddress, handle, organization name, organization
contact, last update date) in a systematic way. If I use nicinfo manually, I
usually see the information I want. When I try to retrieve the same information
ifrom nicinfo's JSON format or via nicinfo's  --jv options, I'm running into a
variety of problems. I expect I'm doing something wrong. If anyone could offer
any tips on how to a) determine the most common fields in RDAP records for IP
address range allocations (including the corresponding organization
information)  and b) how to most efficiently produce a delimited file of
selected fields from a set of RDAP queries I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Martin