On Wed, 2011-05-04 at 13:50 -0500, Robert Nelson wrote:

> Btw, if you make NEON mandatory, then we don't have to worry about the
> "vfp3-d16" limitation of the tegra2 / dove and therefor go the full
> "vfp3-d32"... (if you consider the Cortex-15 will have NEON by
> default, it's a good minimal requirement..)

This is the problem. By all accounts A15 will also be heavily optimized
for Thumb2 code. So it's really do we want to focus on really great A15
support at the cost of losing a few v7 machines and perhaps not really
seeing the benefit from Thumb2 on A8/A9. One thing we do have to keep in
mind is that we have an opportunity here to make a total bluesky choice.

Jon.