On Wednesday, June 08, 2011 10:14:56 AM Jon Masters wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 13:29 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> > >
> > > Shouldn't fake-kernel be a subpackage of kernel?
> >
> > Certainly seems to be the obvious way to deal with it.
>
> That sounds reasonable and obvious, but I was thinking that wouldn't fly
> with the kernel maintainers...how about we ask them (copied).

It likely wont fly with the kernel folks. different arches that do not have a
kernel do have need to provide it to the buildroot, We should have a fake-
build-provides package in fedora scm so that its a co-ordinated effort, but we
should not ship it.  like we do not ship glibc32 and glibc64 arm is in an
akward position where people need to provide thier own kernel.  best bet right
now is to work on getting some useable kernels out there.

Dennis