In general pretty good - they work well.  However there are a few
problems I encountered:

Hey, thanks for taking them for a test drive!

(1) There's no source for the boot scripts.  I think you should put
the source along side the binaries, in /boot/uboot.  I ended up using
'strings' and reconstructing them.

Yeah, I end up using strings a lot myself. Next update I'll throw the generator/boot.cmd template into /boot/uboot for easier tinkering. Long term goal is to move to uEnv.txt, but that won't help systems with built-in uboots that don't support it (trimslice).

(2) The sda boot script works fine, however the mmc boot script fails.
'fatload mmc 0:1 ...' should be 'fatload mmc 1:1 ...' (in both places).

As mentioned elsewhere in the followups this is because there are two sd readers on a trimslice and you're using the mmc1 location. Perhaps for trimslice there should be an mmc0 and mmc1 image? Once I merge trimslice/panda images that might follow.

(3) If you have both images installed, then it boots one of them at
random, because it boots from 'root=LABEL=rootfs' which picks one of
the labelled root devices at random.

Earlier images used root=/dev/someplace, but using root=LABEL=rootfs means fewer boot.scrs are (and less editing is) necessary. The right answer probably is a randomly generated UUID per image. I'll consider adding this next, unless David Marlin gets his lorax images all set before I get to it. They're the real plan. Thanks again!

--
Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / b...@redhat.com