On 11/28/2012 12:45 PM, Jon Chiappetta wrote:
- repo issues (the generally perl based build failures due to repo
issues). I reported I thought I had found the offending host but the
issue appears to have come back. Was the host re-enabled, what testing
has Seneca done?

* Could you please provide the specific task links as examples or names
of hosts that are causing the problem so we could diagnose the problem
and look into resolving it?

- builder issues, seeing issues with things like the disk space on the
large builders without a resolution, or a resolution being reported.
What is the status, is it fixed?

* What are the problems with the large builders? Are there RAM issues,
permission issues, low space issues? Which builders need to be looked at
specifically because it's hard to solve this without the needed info.

There's a common theme here: Issues are coming up and there isn't an obvious way to report them, track them, or otherwise make sure they're resolved, much less documented. We need to fix that.

- Some people have remote access to the builders via a ssh key but it
appears that not all build hosts are configured for this. What's the
steps to resolution so that people can support the platform?

* We specifically setup bcfg2 across all builders which helps to distribute
our keys to them. If you would like access as you are describing then
please contact one of us and we can generate an ssh key on hongkong so
that you can login to the builders without a password. I believe this option
was offered by one of my co-workers but was denied by a certain person so ya. :/

Don't really understand this.

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm not following along here in close detail
but our team has various other projects that we are working on simultaneously
and sometimes we don't have time to monitor in close detail what exactly is
happening in the farm. If you're able to point out specific examples of
something
failing and highlight all of our names in channel, I will at least definitely be
able to see who it is and what is happening, hopefully.

This doesn't scale well. The contact names change on a somewhat regular basis and #fedora-arm and #seneca are not support trackers- they're chat channels running 24/7, hours we do not any of us keep. What's needed is a consistent point of contact, whether it be a bot, a web tracker, a separate mailing list, or some other mechanism. Suggestions welcome!

--
Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / b...@redhat.com