Note at this point it is only Tegra we need a solution for to get F18 GA. We
will resolve more in F19 or even as an update but given it is just one platform
(TrimSlice), and that platform has a pretty reasonable U-Boot, let's get
something resolved today that works for Tegra and move on.
--
Sent from my phone. Please excuse brevity.

Peter Robinson <pbrobin...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 7:22 PM, Brendan Conoboy <b...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 01/27/2013 08:51 AM, Peter Robinson wrote:
>>
>> Basically when you do a "make dtbs" it makes the dtbs that match the
>> kernel config. So we end up with the following with the 3.7.x kernels
>> that we have in F-18 and they're in /boot/dtb-%{uname}. Note this
>> scheme can be tweaked but I figured getting something there to start
>> with was better than nothing.
>

> Note: This will require changes to grubby's new-kernel-pkg similar to what
> was necessary to run mkimage for uboot.  The principle benefit of having a
> separate package is that the dtbs land somewhere with a consistent name,
> enabling grubby, boot.scr and uEnv.txt to remain static.

grubby needs to deal with all of those because the kernel doesn't
install anything into uboot, the naming scheme is the same and grubby
will need to be able to deal with dtb files so I didn't see that it
added any complexity because the same scheme is already being dealt
with for both the kernel and the initrd.

Peter