On 04/15/2013 10:04 AM, Brendan Conoboy wrote:
Hi folks,

The people at Compulab sent me a pointer for how to fix the problem with the trimslice not booting using the latest kernel. It's as simple as setting a couple new uboot environment variables. See:

http://www.trimslice.com/wiki/index.php/Trim-Slice_Firmware_Updater#U-Boot_environment_variable

This works for me! My trimslice is now running 3.8.5-201.fc18.armv7hl.tegra with 1GB of memory.

Since this "work-around" was noted for v2010.09-1.01, but v2010.09-1.03 is the latest (that I see on their website), has this been addressed in the newer versions (variables pre-defined in the firmware release)? If not, will it be addressed in the next release? If these settings are "required", there should be no need for every user to add them manually.

d.marlin