On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 12:27:48PM -0400, William Cohen wrote:
> On 09/07/2013 08:16 AM, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > On Sat, Sep 07, 2013 at 01:02:39PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> >> All places in general where ENXIO might be returned are related to the
> >> function "irqchip_in_kernel" and the mysterious "VGIC" hardware (which
> >> I guess is doing interrupt routing like APIC on PCs?)
> >
> > The solution was some creative grepping of the qemu sources:
> >
> >   -machine accel=kvm:tcg,kernel_irqchip=off
> >
> > Works great (except of course virtio-serial is still broken).  I seem
> > to be getting there, slowly ...
> >
> > Rich.
> >

> Hi Rich,
>
> Thanks for the tip above.  I was able to get virtualization running on my
> Samsung ARM chromebook (using a nv-uboot that turns on HYP and a locally
> built 3.11 kernel with a patch).

Interesting .. which/what is "nv-uboot" and where did you get it from?

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/F18/Versatile_Express
>
> This particular image uses a 3.6.10 linux kernel.  The URL above mentions
> that DTB files are needed for newer kernels. Is there a particular DTB file
> that would be best to use?  There seems to be several vexpress*.dtb files to
> choose from.

I used:

  qemu-system-arm \
    -M vexpress-a9 \
    -dtb /boot/dtb-....../vexpress-v2p-ca9.dtb \
    -machine accel=kvm:tcg,kernel_irqchip=off \
    [etc]

You can find the full command line that libguestfs passes here:

  https://github.com/libguestfs/libguestfs/blob/master/src/launch-direct.c#L244

Rich.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v