On 1/31/19 7:10 AM, Peter Robinson wrote:
> Hi Will,
>
>> Given RHBZ1639765, "Rock960 hangs after boot" and
>> uboot-images-armv8-2018.09-1.fc29.noarch having rock960-rk3399 files it
>> looks like there are some people that have Fedora running on the Vamrs
>> Rock960, but arm-image-installer doesn't list the board on the supported
>> list.  Does anyone have some notes on how they got Fedora running on the
>> board?
>
> Yes, I have Fedora 29 running on the Rock960. There's a few caveats,
> we don't currently have support for PCI-e or the onboard WiFi/BT
> module, I'm working with the 96boards crew to get that resolved soon.
>
> The reason it's not listed in arm-image-installer is that we can't
> currently write out the firmware with that method, and this is the
> current remaining big issue. We need to improve this for all the
> rockchips based devices and that's on my todo list for February.
>
> Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the information.  As far as the caveats I am not using PCI-e or
WiFi/BT, so neither of those are going to be an issue for me.  I figured that
there was some reason for arm-image-installer not having the rock960 listed and
was looking for notes on the alternative method being used to get Fedora to
boot up on the rock960.  If there is going to be some generally available
arm-image-installer update in February I can wait a bit longer. However, I am a
willing to test out beta versions of the software.

-Will