I have a wandboard quad, and I'd like to move the root filesystem to a sata
drive.  I have the drive connected and formatted, and I copied all of "/" to a
partition on the sata drive.

Now the question is "where do I need to change the UUID to match that of the
new partition".

I know I need to change /etc/fstab, /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf and perhaps
/boot/grub/grub.conf, but do I also have to regenerate the initramfs images,
and if so, what command would I use so they contain the correct UUID and
drivers?

If I need to rebuild the initramfs, that would be a bit of a chicken and egg
problem, because I would not be able to boot from the sata drive until I
rebuilt it, but if I rebuilt it while running from the SD card, I'd guess the
rebuilt initramfs would still reference the SD card.

        Steve