Hi,

> On 5 Jan 2024, at 15:55, Bill Merriam <li...@billmerriam.com> wrote:
>
> I see regular updates to the kernel, etc, but they don't seem to
> address rpi5. I still haven't found an image I can do anything useful
> with.
>
> Has anyone had any success??  Are any other distributions, besides the
> Debian/Ubuntu from RP, working?

There is no RPi5 support in U-Boot or upstream Linux kernel, so for now
there is no much that can be done. They are initial set of patches for
U-Boot [1] which make Tumbleweed boot to the point where it have to
mount rootfs , but because there is no Linux driver for uSD controller
found on bcm2712 the Linux kernel is panicking.

So patches adding support for RPi5 on Linux are highly desirable :-)

Regards,
Ivan

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/all/20231218210341.30073-1-iiva...@suse.de/