On Freitag, 24. Mai 2024, 09:20:24 CEST Bruno Pitrus wrote:
> Could an obs admin reconfigure the aarch64 builders so that we have at least
> some VMs with 40ish GB virtual memory like on x86_64?
>
> I maintain the nodejs-electron package which quite possibly has the
> second-biggest single binary in all of Factory, and GCC seems to get more
> memory hungry linking it with every release. I managed to reduce the amount
> of built code slighly, but this is the second time i'm getting OOM killed
> (already had to reduce debuginfo on the package before)
>
> [By contrast, on x86_64 most of electron is fine with the policy's -g2 and i
> bump into DWARF size limits before the OOM killer kicks in]

Do you have a failed build log somewhere?

Is it failing at link time where really only a single job is running?

Or could it help to limit the number of parallel jobs during build?

--

Adrian Schroeter <adr...@suse.de>
Build Infrastructure Project Manager

SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Frankenstraße 146, 90461 Nürnberg, Germany
(HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg) Geschäftsführer: Ivo Totev