W dniu 15.03.2024 o 03:30, Jonathan Gray pisze:
OpenBSD 7.3 boots fine on all core types. OpenBSD 7.4 fails on
Neoverse-V1/N2/max. Same situation with today's 7.5-current snapshot.

To track the problem I opened a bug against QEMU [1] to have all
information in one place.

1.https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues/2224

If I use older cores (like Neoverse-N1 which is default for sbsa-ref)
then installer boots fine:

I see the same with sbsa-ref using qemu 8.2.1 and the edk2
firmware you reference in the qemu issue.

What made me wonder is that it feels like error on OpenBSD side.
7.3 release boots, 7.4 and later do not.

I never installed/developed OpenBSD. My only use is booting installer to check does it work with sbsa-ref and account on friend' server which I had 20-25 years ago.

-cpu neoverse-v1 and max work fine with -M virt however.

Virt is different machine. With other internals.