On 6/16/24 09:07, danielhejduk wrote:

Hello everyone,

I tried to install OpenBSD on Raspberry Pi 4B.

Flashed UEFI firmware onto sd card and OpenBSD on Flash drive.

I used https://github.com/AshyIsMe/openbsd-rpi4/blob/main/README.md for step by step installing.

It booted into OpenBSD bootloader terminal, typed "set tty fb0" and typed "boot" after ~10 seconds it just throwed blank screen,

The lights on my RGB keyboard stopped.

Is there any way to fix it?

Best regards,

Daniel Hejduk

I recently reformatted my RPI 4b.  It was a relearning process. What worked for me getting OpenBSD on the thing was dd'ing the image on the sdcard and booting with UART console.  I have a USB to UART adapter I believe it is a CP2102 kind.  You connect it to ground (there is several grounds on the pinout) and TX and RX pins for UART0.  Make sure it's _not_ in 5V mode, and if you happen to switch TX and RX there is no output. In this case it's not bad, just swap them and reset.  Here is a link to the pinouts of a raspberry pi:  https://pinout.xyz/pinout/uart  it is indicated here that the GPIO pins for TX and RX are 14 and 15.

In general it's good to have a CP2102 in the household.  They aren't very expensive.  I have also found that while working on a BL808 riscv board that short circuited ESP32 which has a builtin CP210X also would work.  One day I'll return to getting the Ox64 (BL808) to try to get it working again, and I'll use these.

Good luck!

-pjp