> Hello,
>
> I am trying to run OpenBSD 7.5 on Nanopi R4SE and so far it is not
> working. I searched for R4S and OpenBSD and just found this threads:
>
> https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/701776/how-to-install-openbsd-7-1-on-nanopi-r4s-using-sd-card-as-root-disk
>
> https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/728292/openbsd-7-2-nanopi-r4s-sdmmc0-cant-enable-card
>
> https://www.reddit.com/r/openbsd/comments/1dsx8hq/decent_arm64_boards_for_openbsd_as_a_router/?rdt=46181
>
> But not one has the steps to do it.
>
> Is there anyone here that could have some hints on this case?
>
> Thanks,
>
> matheus

As an update, I got to boot install media over USB and install it to USB.
But when I try to boot from the USB it fails. The USB as root device is
not available, as it would no exist, depite the board boots from it. This
time the SDcard shows up. I then tried to dd all contents from USB to a
sdcard. Then it boots till this point:

sdmmc0: can't enable card
vscsi0 at root
scsibus0 at vscsi0: 256 targets
softraid0 at root
scsibus1 at softraid0: 256 targets
root device: ?
use one of: exit re0 dwge0
root device:

And I can't pass this.

If I use both sdcard and USB drive together, I can pass this but get
kernel panic later:

preserving editor files.
starting network daemons: sshd smtpd sndiod.
running rc.firsttime
fw_update: add none; update none
Checking for available binary patches...
panic: pool_cache_item_magic_check: mcl9k cpu free list modified: item
addr 0xf
fffff801ec78c40+16 0x4076f1dc050045!=0x3bacffb7725c91b3
Stopped at      panic+0x14c:    cmp     w21, #0x0
    TID    PID    UID     PRFLAGS     PFLAGS  CPU  COMMAND
  60605   2723      0     0x14000      0x200    5  softnet0
db_enter() at panic+0x148
panic() at pool_cache_get+0x264
pool_cache_get() at pool_get+0x50
pool_get() at m_clget+0x1c8
m_clget() at re_newbuf+0x44
re_newbuf() at re_rxeof+0x38c
re_rxeof() at re_intr+0xc0
https://www.openbsd.org/ddb.html describes the minimum info required in bug
reports.  Insufficient info makes it difficult to find and fix bugs.

Thanks in advance,

matheus