D. Friedman:

I believe you're missing the point of the below response.  No comment was made that infers the previous author is demonizing eugentics.  No normative statement is made in my opinion, merely the curious fact (once again brought to the academic world's attention by David Levy and Sandra Peart) that at the origns of the study of economics lay the phrase "dismal science" coined by Carlyle in reference to the belief that economics assumed that people were basically all the same, and thus entitled to liberty.

The statemnt below is in reference to the aforementioned, not a normative statement on the morality of eugenics.  It serves well in response to the previous email pertaining to the question of race.

Perhaps I have missed the point?

RE

david friedman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]