Bryan Caplan wrote:
> Actually, it doesn't.  All it claims is that immigrants reduce wages.
> But this is by definition balanced by the extra surplus enjoyed by
> employers.

Do any of these studies take into account the effect of immigrants on
demand?  It would see these people have to eat.

I know some immigrants send some of their money to relatives in their
previous countries, but they can't send all of it; most must be spent
in the host country.  This would drive up demand for products, and
therefore the wages for labor used to make those products, at least
partly offsetting the downward pressure on wages from increased labor
supply.

--Robert