Date sent:              Tue, 07 Nov 2000 08:01:34 -0500
From:                   "Edward Dodson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:                Re: OPEC

> Ed Dodson here:
> By "USA" do you mean the United States government, or one of the
> multinational corporations that happen to be headquartered in the United
> States? Corporations always try to negotiate the prices at which they
> purchase goods (and services) to maximize profit margins. What is the
> leverage the companies have with the government-run entity that controls
> supply in Angola?

Thanks for the info. I forgot that in SA,  unlike the USA, the
purchase of oil is government controlled. Angola probably negotiated
a contract when crude oil was still below 16$
I recently was told that diesel and petrol are jointly produced in more
or less a fixed proportion. Each barrel of crude oil would give say
55% petrol (gas) and 45% diesel. These proportions are dependent
on the type of crude oil but for all practical purposes fixed.
Is this so and does anybody know the proportions?
In SA petrol is taxed while diesel subsidised. Results tend to confirm
an over- supply of petrol relative to diesel (in line with
microeconomics.)

> --------------91DBDDACD27B88814AC8DF57
>
> begin:vcard
> n:Dodson;Edward
> tel;fax:215-575-1718
> tel;home:856-428-3472
> tel;work:215-575-1819
> x-mozilla-html:TRUE
> org:Fannie Mae;Housing and Community Development, Northeast Regional Office (NERO)
> version:2.1
> email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> title:Senior Affordable Housing Business Manager
> note:If you need to reach me during non-business hours, send an email to:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> adr;quoted-printable:;;1900 Market Street=0D=0ASuite 800;Philadelphia;PA;19103;U.S.A.
> fn:Edward J. Dodson
> end:vcard
>
> --------------91DBDDACD27B88814AC8DF57--

Pierre le Roux