Bill,
     Just to clarify, the point of the press release is to bring CNN,
Fox, Salon and others to task for an atrociously poor use of
statistics.  Hence the title, "SALON.COM AND CNN CHARTS COMPARING
BUCHANAN VOTES IN PALM BEACH COUNTY TO VOTES IN OTHER FLORIDA COUNTIES
ARE MISLEADING."  As I said in earlier post, I'm not saying people in
Palm Beach weren't confused, only that Figure 1 is an absurd way to make
that argument.  The analysis you posted is based on vote shares and is
far more sophisticated than that being broadcast to millions of people
by the media.

Alex

--
Dr. Alexander Tabarrok