Dr. Alexander Tabarrok wrote:
>     Another armchair economist made the news!  Robin (Hanson) was
>mentioned in yesterday's (Sunday Feb. 10, 2002) New York Times in an
>interesting article about using experimental markets to generate
>marketing information.  ...
>http://www.nytimes.com/2002/02/10/business/yourmoney/10TRAD.html
>Creating markets in order to generate public policy information is the
>subject of Robin's contribution to Entrepreneurial Economics: Bright
>Ideas from the Dismal Science ... www.EntrepreneurialEconomics.org

It's nice to get press, but always disturbing to see how wrong reporters
can get things.  I'm introduced as giving the name "decision markets"
to the Iowa Electronic Markets and to the marketing markets described.
But I introduced the term to be specific to markets that estimate the
consequences of decisions, rather than just markets that might somehow
be informative for decisions.  Anyone want to give odds that I'll be
able to keep the term meaning what I want it to mean? :-)

Robin Hanson  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://hanson.gmu.edu
Asst. Prof. Economics, George Mason University
MSN 1D3, Carow Hall, Fairfax VA 22030-4444
703-993-2326  FAX: 703-993-2323