Well, Fred beat me to the punch here on the smart-aleck response.  Unless
you mean "entropy" as something other than the standard accepted definition
- namely, a decrease in ordered energy on a thermodynamic level - then we
can't help you.

Actually, no, here's a thought: in six billion years, the sun will burn out,
making all research into sustainability and environmental / resource
economics a waste of time.  There's an obvious connection to entropy right
there.

-JP

>From: Fred Foldvary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: entropy and sustainability
>Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 08:10:59 -0700 (PDT)
>
> > Dear armchairs,
> > who among you knows something new about the consequence of entropy on
> > sustainability and environmental/ressource economics (books, papers,
>etc.)?
> > Steffen
>
>I know something: any article on economics with the word "entropy" is
>likely
>to be nonsense, unless it itself declares such articles nonsense.
>
>Entropy says a closed system will dissipate into unavailable energy.
>But the earth is not a closed system.  It keeps getting solar energy, and
>therefore the biomass and economic activity can increase indefinitely, so
>long as the sun continues to shine.
>
>Fred Foldvary
>

>=====
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>Yahoo! Tax Center - online filing with TurboTax
>http://taxes.yahoo.com/

I'm never gonna work another day in my life.
The gods told me to relax; they said I'm gonna be fixed up right.
I'm never gonna work another day in my life.
I'm way too busy powertrippin', but I'm gonna shed you some light.

- Monster Magnet, "Powertrip"