Hi.  I'm on vacation, and can't respond to this thread much now, but
will when I get back in a week and a half.  But for now let me confirm
that we can think of this discussion in two steps.   One, assuming that
a CEO maximized share value of a nation, what would they do wrong or
right.  And two, what institutions could get them to maximize share
value.  The first question is interesting even if we don't know the
answer to the second question.

Robin D. Hanson, Asst Prof Economics, hanson.gmu.edu
MSN 1D3, George Mason Univ., Fairfax, VA 22030