Last night my fiancee arrived at a small restaurant around 6pm and were
surprised to see that we were the only patrons in the restaurant.  She
remarked to me that it's only a matter of time before the restaurant is
full of people.

So we've noticed that wherever we go it seems as if the lines seem to grow
exponentially:  book store, post office, bank.  Is there some economic
precept to describe this growth?  It's as if we are always somewhere in
the nick of time.

I can't tell if it's a fibonacci sequence or a simple sum, since the line
seems to grow in popularity.  i.e. "We better get in line now else we'll
be waiting for a while..."

Also, does anyone think that revenue in a particular establishment (book
store, most notably) might fall off as the number of people in line grow?
Is there an expression of the attrition rate due to an establishment's
popularity?  Is there an economic equivalent of terminal velocity?

jonathan

--
Jonathan Kalbfeld    M268@>6]U('!L87D@=&AI<R!M  ThoughtWave Technologies LLC
(v) +1 415 386 UNIX  97-S86=E(&)A8VMW87)D<RP@:  UNIX, Networking, Programming