In a post a while back, I maintained that restrictions on inter-racial
adoption seemed like a pretty clear violation of the Median Voter
theorem.  I found some data at:

http://www.kff.org/content/2001/3143/RacialBiracialToplines.pdf

Question 36 reveals that 79%+ respondents of ALL races say that race
should NOT be a factor.  Blacks are even less against inter-racial
adoption than other races - 84% say race should not be a factor.  (I'm
pretty sure that black leaders would poll very differently, though).

You could say people are too scared/ashamed to say what they really
think, but could that really flip 80% for to 51% against?  Highly
implausible.
--
                        Prof. Bryan Caplan
       Department of Economics      George Mason University

  "He wrote a letter, but did not post it because he felt that no one
   would have understood what he wanted to say, and besides it was not
   necessary that anyone but himself should understand it."
                   Leo Tolstoy, *The Cossacks*